Rock & roll is for all fans - and we're committed to making your museum experience accessible. Read below for services provided for all visitors.
For visitors with mobility disabilities:
- Elevators: An elevator serving floors 1-6 is located north of the main entrance on the lobby level (L1). (To access this, walk past the stage on the left-hand side, and it is located in the back corner.) The elevator serving the lower level (L0)—home to the main exhibit hall—is past and to the right of the stage.
- Wheelchair-accessible seating: Available in all theaters.
- Curbside drop-off: Curbside drop-off is available on Erieside Avenue in front of the Rock Hall's plaza.
- On-site wheelchairs, strollers, and motorized mobility scooters: We have a limited supply of wheelchairs, strollers, and scooters available for free to borrow on a first-come, first-served basis. Ask any of our crew members upon your arrival and they'll be able to assist. Unfortunately, we cannot reserve these in advance.
- Accessible parking: There are several accessible metered parking spots located along East 9th street, north of Erieside Avenue. However, these tend to fill up fast. (Remember to bring change if you plan to park at the meters!) Other nearby parking locations are the Pier Lot, the 9th Street and Marginal Lot, as well as the Great Lakes Science Center's parking garage.
- Seating: The Rock Hall has plenty of benches scattered around the exhibit spaces so visitors can sit and enjoy the surroundings, or simply take a break.
For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing:
- Qualified Interpretation: Qualified American Sign Language interpreters are available. Please email [email protected] at least two weeks in advance to reserve.
For visitors with a personal care attendant/companion:
- The Rock Hall offers one complimentary admission for a companion/personal care attendant per guest who requires it. Guests should ask for the Guest Services Manager on Duty upon arrival and complimentary admission for the personal care attendant will be provided.
For visitors with sensory sensitivities or challenges with sensory regulation:
- Sensory Bags: Sensory bags with fidget toys, noise-dampening headphones, and communication cards are available upon request. Quiet area is located in the Museum near the elevator on Level 0.
- Service animals trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of a visitor with a disability are permitted at the Rock Hall, although they must remain under control at all times. Please check in with security or a visitor services representative upon arrival.
- The Rock Hall offers two private restrooms for visitors with disabilities or patrons who need a private, quiet place to care for an infant or family member on level 3. Please find any visitor service representative, and they'll be happy to assist.
Foreign language brochures:
Our virtual exhibit guide is available here.
The Rock Hall website has been designed with the needs of all rock fans in mind, including those with accessibility needs who may use assistive technologies to browse the internet.
We are committed to ensuring everyone can access our website. If you have any comments or suggestions about accessibility on rockhall.com, we’d love to hear them. Please e-mail us [email protected]
1100 Rock and Roll Boulevard
Cleveland, Ohio 44114